Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Whew!

I made it through today!! Last night at 9:30pm the phone rang and it was the Headmistress of the kids school (Thales Academy). Anyways, they needed a substitute today for one of the 2nd grade classes and she wanted to know if I would be able to help out. I said "Sure!" and then went to bed and prayed all night.

Over all it was a good day. They teach by direct instruction so it was a bit different than what I am used to when the kids were in public school. I was no where near as fast as their usual teacher and I had one little boy, who hugged me everytime he walked past me, tell me he was so glad I was slower than the teacher because he could actually understand everything and grasp the concepts we were studying. The kids were well behaved but I did call down 2 boys toward the end of the day and then from somewhere in the room I heard a voice say "OOOH! She's getting serious now!"

Grace was excited to have her mom right next door all day, Camden was not as enthusiastic but they survived. The dog, who was home all day by himself, was beyond excited when we finally got home this evening. Not only did I "work" today but it was the first day of the new dance season so we went straight there after school, Grace danced her 1 1/2 hours and then we came home after 6pm.

It was a long day but a good day and I look forward to substituting more often at the school. Tomorrow it is back to all my craft stuff I started this weekend. I am back to doing my decorative painting and will post some pics when I get finished, hopefully tomorrow but maybe Friday.

We are also getting ready for TS Hanna (Ike is right behind her) so keep us in your prayers. Hopefully it will not be too bad and will not affect Grace's tryouts for Carolina Ballet The Nutcracker on Sat or Kathrines baby shower on Sunday up at the lake.

Whew! Glad I can finally prop my feet up and that this busy day is over!

1 comment:

The Spears said...

I remember my days of teaching in NC. WHEW is not the world I would use at the end of the day. I would say something like "Give me a big bowl of ICE CREAM AND A BATH, NOW!!!"