Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thought...

So Jen Jordan asked today on her blog "What would you do if you were not afraid?" I commented to her that there were so many things that I would do, so rather than fill up her comment section I felt a blog coming on. She will probably come up with some AWESOME response to this question when she posts again but I am just going to list what I would do, so here goes...

1. I would take a dance class...I danced MANY years ago and love it and would love to do it again. Where Grace takes lessons they have an adult class that meets once a week but I am just not ready to sign myself up.

2. Finish school (I am not afraid to finish) and then go to Law School . What I am afraid of is spending so much time away from the family to take the classes and study. I don't want to miss anything and I know that by going back I would have to miss a lot

3. Become a realtor...I love house hunting!! I am on the real estate websites all the time. With the over abundance of realtors out there right now I am afraid that I would not make any money.

4. genetic testing for cancer...since both my parents have had cancer it something that I have wanted to do but I am also afraid to do it because, eventhough I resigned myself to the fact that I will more than likely get the BIG C someday the thought of actually seeing it on paper before it happens scares me.

As I am doing this I realize that I am not afraid to do these things or the other things floating around in my brain. What I am is apprehensive and lack the self confidence I feel I need to do the things that I want to do. Because here are a few things I would love to do and I am not afraid to try them if given a chance..

1. Bungee jumping...I should be afraid but I would give anything to do it just once.

2.Kite surfing...saw it on the Today show and it looked awesome and I immediately told Chris I had to do that. I would parasail too if given the chance.

3.moving to a new state (or an old one)...I would love to move back to Florida or to the Atlanta area or to the Spartanburg area. I have family and friends in all those places and my first choice is Florida. Chris knows this and we have looked into jobs in the areas of Florida that we like but so far nothing has come up. We'll see what happens...

4. plastic surgery...there are several things I want done and if given chance (with the right doctor) I would hop up on that table and get things done:)

5. Go to Ecuador in Feb with the group from church. I would love to go see what Michael and Cindy are doing in their mission work down there and to help in any way possible and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know if my dad was here he would be the first name on the sign up sheet! If I had the money available to go I would be right there with the group.

6 Ok, since I have to have even numbers (yes, I am a freak!) I needed one last thing that if given the chance I would do. We have a small airport near us and every weekend they have skydivers that camp out and dive all day Sat and Sun. I would love to skydive! Grace even wants to skydive! When she gets older, if she still wants to do it, then we will go together!

So, we learned what I would do, not if I was not afraid, but if I had more self confidence in myself and was less apprehensive. Yet we also learned the things I would do no matter what if I was given the chance and I must say that I like that list MUCH better because there is some great stuff on that second list!

2 comments:

The Spears said...

I am saying yup to many of this, but skydiving???? I don't think so! All the self esteem in the world won't get me up there!!

The Partin's said...

So you would be willing to bungee jump with me!?