Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Old Friends

I may have mentioned before that over a year ago I discovered a little thing that has become an addiction for me...facebook! When I first signed up there were a few people from high school (the one in NC) and college that were on there but not many. Now in the last 2 months the number of old friends on there has jumped increasingly!!

It has been especially great to see the old friends from Florida that I grew up with. It has been great to catch up with everyone and see pics of their families, the last time I saw a lot of them I was 15, now I am 34 and the majority of us have kids. I have kept in touch with and seen a few of these people over the years and rest I have heard updates on through family over the years. This surge of old friends appearing on facebook has only made my addicition to it worse!! I have so many fond memories of my childhood in Florida and being able to reconnect has only made my desire to move back worse.

I have told several people that I really feel like Florida is where we need to be. Chris and I have talked about it and we have both looked ( I look and forward to him) at jobs for him down there. Don't get me wrong, I love NC and the Wake Forest/Youngsville area and we have family and lots of friends here but there is a strong pull right now to Florida. I told a couple of old friends that I feel like I need to "get back to my roots" if that makes sense.

When we spent 2 weeks in Fl last Oct the kids fell in love with it and they are up to moving if we find something and the Lord works it out. On previous trips they had been to young to really care but last year changed that for them. Grace would have stayed if we would have let her.
Pray for us and that if Florida is where we are to be then the Lord will open job opportunities and close the loose ends that need to be closed here to allow that to happen. It would be great to be back in GATOR COUNTRY!!

1 comment:

This Life said...

Yea for FL lovers. Philip and I love it too. We hope one day the Lord leads us back there as well. And yes, facebook is addictive!