Monday, August 18, 2008

Huh!?

Am I going overboard on the posts? Deal with it because I am bored, my house is actually somewhat clean for once and after being gone for 2 weeks I am used to being on the go and now I don't have anything to do except catch up on 20+ hours of dvr recordings. I could bathe the dog but why do that when the kids can when they get home from school. So you all get to hear all my ramblings until I get tired and decide to take a sabbatical from blogging, hopefully that won't happen though:)

Ok, I really want to be a funny and witty blogger but I just don't feel that I am. Chris finds me funny, he HAS to, but that is in person and not online. Jenna told me the other the day I was funny, she had not slept all week. My kids only find me funny in the car singing and dancing to 80's music and Mamma Mia! soundtrack. My sister just rolls her eyes at me and everyone else is just being nice and not wanting to hurt my feelings.

If you have any ideas on how to make me more funny and witty online please send them to me and I will try them to see what works best for me.

New subject, here is where my title "Huh!?" comes in...if you have read Jen Jordan's recent blog about bereavement gifts you will know that Jenna and Brent have received a few odd things. I will get into that in a minute...when my dad passed away we got the usual, food , food and more food, Hello! He was a Baptist minister and Baptists know their food:) My mom also received phone calls/emails/cards and money from people and we got enough flowers and plants to open our own florist. The kids were given toys and I had some great ladies give me the gift of taking the kids for playdates during that stressful time. Well, if you have not read Jen's post here is what Jenna and Brent have gotten...cards and money, emails and phone calls, a lamp and pots and pans.
Really, a lamp!? Absolutely!! Pots and pans!? They are actually from an old college friend!! Maybe people just don't know how to show sympathy, maybe they need to have a yard sale? Whatever it is I find it odd yet humerous:) Jenna and Brent have too. So I started looking around the house to see what I might could send them and here is what I found...

1. a bowl of fake lemons, you won't be able to make lemonade with them but they are a nice touch of color on a kitchen table

2. some benadryl...to help you sleep. Won't make you do the things Ambien does (inside joke)

3. a vaccum...I do need to have a yard sale and that is one thing I have too many of, you know what they say "Cleanliness is next to Godliness!"

4. a purse because according to Chris I have way too many, scratch that, I am keeping my purses, sorry:( But if you come this way for a visit you can borrow one, well Jenna can because Brent would look too funny with a cheetah print purse with gold chains (it is a cool purse that was my granny's because she was "Cool like that!")

5. the curtains from my bathroom window, I am redoing my bathroom and have no use for light green sheers anymore (back to the yardsale thing)

Ok, I hope that I have brought a little humor into your day. I also hope that this makes you think twice before you send someone a bereavement gift unless you want to be the one laughed at and blogged about. By the way when you Google "odd bereavement gifts" the first thing to pop up is a link to Jen's blog, I find that quite amusing:) Now I will go think about another topic and maybe grace you with my presence again this afternoon or this evening. Hold on to your hats!!

2 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

That was HILARIOUS! I think you should definitely send the fake lemons. That would look awesome with their blue kitchen walls. Did you know she also got earrings? But they came with a really nice card that had a psalm on it and said "I hope you remember this psalm when you wear these", so I didn't make fun of that one. But seriously, if you don't send the lemons, I might have to go out and actually buy her some... :)

The Spears said...

I can't stop laughing! I needed this laugh today! I love you girls.