Monday, July 5, 2010

Hotlanta...not all it's cracked up to be

We have now been residents of Atlanta for just over 3 mths and I must say...I want to be just about anywhere other than here!

When we moved here I had all these grand ideas of how things were going to be and instead it just plain stinks! The hubby's company immediately slashed hours from 40 hrs a week to 32hrs which also brought a 20% pay cut. It's not hurting most of the others in the office b/c they have all been there 15-20yrs and they don't have kids that they need to feed and clothe much less just coming off a 9 mth stint of unemployment and job hunting and still paying part of a mortgage on a house in another state!! So, we are back to job hunting for something that will actually be 40hrs a week, with no pay cut and excellent benefits! If any structural engineering companies out there are reading this please shoot me an email if you need a Cad Manager and are located in the Greater Atlanta area, Raleigh Durham area or even Florida as we have friends and family there that would make that move easier than this one.

July 4th was hard for me. This was the first year in many yrs we were not with family or friends or at the lake, etc... celebrating. We had nowhere to go and no one to hang out with on Sun. while all our neighbors were celebrating with their own parties or off at their friends.
Saturday night the we did take the kids to the church festivities and fireworks. They had a lot of fun while I just sat there wishing I was somewhere else. If I got this low about 4th of July I am going to hate to see how I am at Thanksgiving and Christmas and even Halloween! Praying that someday soon we will have some friends that we can hang out with here, I am tired of the loneliness that a move to a new state and new city brings:(

I have been trying to find a job here, so far no luck. I did interview last week for a position that I pray I get and I pray I hear something from her tomorrow.

We do have renters in our home in NC. Praying that they buy it soon as that would be a BIG RELIEF for us! I found out that they have let a stray mother cat and her kittens into the home. Is it wrong of me to have them take them to the pound? I don't want to be mean but if you feed a cat it will never leave and it is sooo hard to give away cats these days. I don't want to drive up there oneday and there be 15 cats in and around my house, because it is still my house and they are just renting. Who knows what diseases,etc...a stray cat carries and I don't need the house infested with fleas on top of everything else. Especially if they decide not to buy the house then I am stuck cleaning up and dealing with whatever the cat may have done inside the house. UGH!

Sorry this post has been such a downer but I just needed to get this off my chest. I pray that no one else has to go through the stuff that we are going through. I pray for the economy to pick up, jobs to be in abundance, pay to be good, and for all who read this to have friends close by at all times!

No comments: