Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Have you ever lost a tooth from a Blizzard??

It is currently April 7th, baseball is in full swing, flowers are blooming and pollen is coating everything!!! The only problem is that our high today was only 53 degrees, yes, 53 degrees!!That is INSANE!!! What is even more insane is that after meeting my mom and sister and niece for dinner we went to Dairy Queen for ice cream!

Chris and I along with my sister are starting a new diet this weekend. This week has been spent weaning ourselves from caffeine, if you know me you know I have a DIEHARD Diet Coke habit, so this has been interesting. I brewed up the last of the coffee this morning and used up the last of the chocolate caramel coffee creamer and on the way to dinner polished off the last of my diet coke stash from home. Tomorrow is COLD TURKEY on the caffeine for me and this weekend we start our 14 day detox where we are not allowed caffeine, sugar, sweetners, dairy, oils, etc... I figure I will be curled up in the fetal position by Sat. After our 14 day detox we can start adding some things back into our diet, we will see how long I can hold off the diet cokes.

I say all of that to get back to our DQ trip. Right before we left for dinner there was a commercial on TV for the new Midnight Truffle Blizzard at DQ. I told Chris I needed one last treat before this diet starts and Kathrine agreed she needed one too. While we were eating our ice cream the DIVA jumps up from the table screaming and runs to the bathroom yelling that she is bleeding. Thanks to the fact that it is so cold outside there was only 1 couple in the place besides us. I go check on the DIVA and her mouth is covered with blood, no paper towels anywhere in the bathroom, got some napkins out front and in no time she pulled her tooth out on one yank! After that there was no going back to the ice cream for her, she walked around DQ with napkins hanging out of her mouth looking like a rabid animal. The other couple got a chuckle and now the Tooth Fairy has to make a stop. So I ask, have you ever lost a tooth from eating ice cream?? The DIVA has!!

No comments: