Sunday, November 14, 2010

Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin...

Goodness!! My last post was mid Sept, I honestly thought I had posted since then!! In that time fall baseball has come and gone, tennis lessons are still going strong thanks to the awesome weather we have been having and hopefully this weather will stick around b/c I am soooo not the cold weather type! I am working 3 mornings a week and then there are the church activities and my crafts (find me on FB at The Paisley Magnolia)...keeping busy helps me get over the fact that we have no family or friends here. Then we get one or two Saturdays with nothing to do except stay home and I start to miss my friends. Don't get me wrong, we have "met" people here and gotten to know some people a little but no one that we can just hang out with and I miss that terribly. Being lonely (hubby and kids don't count) just plain SUCKS!

Add to that that we are not going back home for Thanksgiving b/c even though the kids and I have the week off Chris only really gets Thurs and Fri so we wouldn't get to spend a lot of time with anyone in such a short amount of time. So that means for the first time ever I will be making dressing for our Thanksgiving dinner. I can make a mean turkey and everything that goes with it but for all my 36 yrs the dressing has been made by either my mom, my Granny or my Mother in Law but this year since we will be in Ga w/o family if we want dressing I have to make it! Fingers crossed it will turn out good, I had my mom give me her recipe, I will let you know what happens.

Christmas will be here before we know it, I am not ready for "Christmas" but I am ready for the break b/c we will be going home to NC for at least a week. I am ready to see friends, family-especially my Addy-O and new nephew James (I call him Jimbo much to my sisters chagrin), ready for some NC bbq, ready for my fave mexican restaurant, ready for the For Sale sign to go back in the yard of our house if our renters decide not to buy the house (they have til Dec 31 to make up their mind), just ready to get out of Ga for a bit and forget about all that we have had to deal with since moving here...I am sooo going to write a book oneday!!

Gotta get back to the craft table...currently taking orders, if you want something customized let me know. Get your orders in soon to guarantee arrival before your Christmas parties and get togethers!! Again, find me on Facebook at The Paisley Magnolia, there are pictures of some of my things.

No comments: