Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tennis anyone?

Today was a bittersweet day. After 5 yrs of non stop dance lessons that included tap, ballet, hip-hop and jazz the DIVA has started a new venture. She started taking tennis lessons and I must say she did pretty darn good for never having played before!

As I watched her run her little heart out and hit the ball over the net I half expected her to get in the car afterwards and tell me she was done but she climbed in and talked about how much fun she had and how she can't wait to get back to practice next week!

I am sure we will hit our neighborhood courts for her to practice some before then, especially now that the evenings are cooling off a little. Like I said, it was bittersweet knowing that I won't be watching her dance this year and deal with hair and make-up and costumes and recitals but I am glad she is trying something new, the last 6 mths have been filled with new experiences so why should we stop now?

No comments: