Saturday, May 8, 2010

Getting acclimated...

that is what we are still in the process of doing here in Georgia. We have been here since the end of March, all 4 of us under the same roof.

We had to put the kids back in public school since there were only a few weeks left in the school year. The kids have adjusted well, both immediately had to take Ga's version of the end of year testing and both seem to have done very well on it. I am disappointed that they will be losing out on foreign language classes here due to "budget cuts". Both kids have been in spanish classes since kindergarten and now they will not be able to take them again until at least middle school if not later. All the private schools I have contacted for next school year are already booked so unless I opt to homeschool the kids will be back in public school come the end of summer.

We are getting plugged into things at North Metro First Baptist in Lawrenceville. The kids have made new friends and I have been attending the Thursday morning Ladies Bible Study with Jenna and have met several ladies through that.

Chris has spent the last 2 weekends at our home in NC getting it ready for our renters that are moving in next week. I pray that they are able to buy it very, very soon as I have come to realize I am not cut out to be a landlord!!

The first month of summer vacation will be spent tearing up the asphalt between ATL and Wake Forest. We are going back for the DIVA to dance in her dance recital at the end of May and then they kids are in camp at the end of June on beautiful Lake Gaston!

We are looking forward to experiencing all that HOTlanta has to offer this summer as well, from baseball games to festivals and more.

I am in the process of setting up a new website, as soon as it is ready I will post more about that on here. I love being able to be home with the kids but I need to start bringing in some money right now too. Since we are away from family that can help with the kids I am having to find something that will pay enough to cover daycare.summer care expenses and still bring in some money and that is hard to come across right now so I am looking into doing something at home on my own. Pray that this is the answer we are looking for.

No comments: